Erdington Gymnastics Club, which runs North Birmingham Community Gymnastics takes your privacy seriously and will ensure that your personal information is kept secure. We provide facilities and coaching for the sport of gymnastics.
How we use the information we hold about you
We need to process information about you or your child for the following reasons:
• Contractual purposes
To provide the gymnastics sessions you have booked or wish to book with us, communicate with you regarding these sessions, changes to our policies and to process payments.
• Legal reasons
To comply with applicable UK laws and to protect the club’s interests and legal rights. This includes but is not limited to the use of your information relating to legal claims and compliance and regulatory activity.
As a member of our club we may send you information via email, SMS and social media about club events, news, merchandise and opportunities that we think may be of interest to you. You can opt out of receiving any non-essential communication by emailing: email@example.com please note that this may mean that your child misses events the club runs for the benefit of its members.
• Legitimate interests
To meet the legitimate aims of the club and to ensure that your child is well supported and safe when accessing gymnastic activities at North Birmingham Community Gymnastics. This includes:
– Carrying out risk assessments
– Monitoring membership to make adjustments to sessions and facilities to promote inclusion
– Some people may have a medical condition which may mean participation in gymnastic activities could be harmful to them, or they may need adjustments made to activities so they are safe for them. This is why it is important that you share with us all relevant medical information. We will ask for your agreement if any further medical advice is sought.
– If your child has a disability, we will use the information you give us to ensure we can cater for their needs and so that we can make adjustments so that they can fully access the services we offer. We will always ask your permission if we need any further information from their medical professionals.
– Keeping records of session attendance and contact details for emergency purposes.
– Responding to any comments, queries, or complaints you may send us.
– Filming and taking photographs to promote the club on our website, club social media accounts and in club newsletters. We will always have your consent before we do this.
You have the right to refuse any of the above uses of your information. Please contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org Please note, in some cases this may affect our ability to carry out the things we need to do for your child to participate in gymnastics activities.
Who we share your information with:
We will not share your information with any other agencies or organisations without your prior consent other than in exceptional or emergency situations, where we believe the sharing of information is vital to protect you, your child or another person.
If your child wishes to enter a competition run by an external organisation, we will, with your agreement share the information required for your child to take part in the event. This is usually, your child’s name, date of birth and gender. The organisers of external competitions will have their own photographic policy that you will be able to view upon request if you wish to at the event.
To facilitate the running of the club and the collection of payments we use external companies to manage this. As a member of our club, you will have signed up to Pay Subs Online and Go Cardless independently. To view their privacy policies, please use the links below:
You have the right to view the personal information we hold about you at any time. You can log into your account with us and view/amend or delete the details we hold about you. The link to this log in is: https://paysubsonline.com/Login/5175909B684F527FD8B68D4E30B672B5.htm
You can also view a copy of any other information we hold on you or your child by requesting this information in writing.
If we do hold other information regarding you or your child, you can ask us to amend or delete it to correct any inaccuracies. We will inform you if we are unable to do this.
If you wish to leave the club, please contact us in writing at: email@example.com. The information you have provided up until that time (with the exception of payment details for accounting purposes) will be deleted, unless there is a legitimate and lawful reason for us to keep it. In the absence of such a reason, your information will always be deleted within 3 months of your child leaving the club.
Our club is committed to keeping your information safe. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard it. Only club management and the club Welfare Officer have access to all of the data we hold on you and your child. Club coaches are provided information regarding you and your child on a ‘need to know’ basis. All paper records held on you or your child onsite are kept in a locked filing cabinet, to which only management have access.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We keep our privacy policies and notices under regular review. This notice was updated on the 24th May 2018.